On desperate ground : the Marines at the reservoir, the Korean War's greatest battle /
On October 15, 1950, General Douglas MacArthur convinced President Harry Truman that the Communist forces of Kim Il-sung would be utterly defeated by Thanksgiving. The Chinese, he said with near certainty, would not intervene in the war. As he was speaking, 300,000 Red Chinese soldiers began secretl...
|Main Author:||Sides, Hampton,|
New York :
No Tags, Be the first to tag this record!
- Prologue: Morning calm
- Seoul. The professor ; Traitor's house ; Across the Han ; Beneath the lighthouse ; The battle of the barricades ; The savior of our race ; God's right-hand man ; The tiger wants human beings
- To the mountains. Many, many ; King's envoy to Hamhung ; Heroic remedies ; Will o' the wisp ; Broken arrows ; A powerful instrument ; Fattened for the kill ; Never too late to talk ; Never a more daring flight
- The reservoir. Easy for us, tough for others ; Boon companions ; Easy Company holds here ; Where the bullet belongs ; Gung-ho, you cowardly bastards ; When the lead is flying ; A hot reception ; The war council ; An entirely new war
- Red snow. You will all be slaughtered ; Kissing a buzz saw ; Morphine dreams ; No soft options ; One-man army ; Every weapon that we have ; The ridgerunners ; This place of suffering
- To the sea. Attacking in a different direction ; In the day of trouble ; I'll get you a goddamn bridge ; Blood on the ice ; Taking departure ; The Bridge of Long Life ; Down to earth ; The most harrowing hour ; The crossing ; We will see you again in the south ; We walk in the hand of God
- Epilogue: In the pantheon.